I love trying new ways to make chicken breasts because they can get very boring after awhile. They’re an excellent source of protein and for me personally, the easiest part of the chicken to cook. I put a spin on these chicken breasts and they were way better than I expected. Check out the recipe below and be sure to let me know on social (@itsjoitomyworld) how they came out!
- 2 chicken breasts
- Seasoning salt
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green peppers
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese
- red chili flakes
- 1 package of pepperoni
- optional side: garlic bread
- Rinse chicken breasts
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- Cut multiple horizontal slices, forming pockets within the chicken.
- Fill "pockets" with pizza sauce
- Insert green peppers and pepperoni (or any additional toppings that you typically like on your pizza)
- Bake 25 min.
- Take out the oven and sprinkle mozzarella cheese on top
- Place in oven for 10 min.
- Sprinkle a little bit of the red chili flakes on top