I call this “sorta Mexican corn” because I don’t want to offend anyone’s culture by switching up their recipe a bit. Mexican street corn is amazing and it’s also known as, elotes. It is literally one of the best Mexican side dishes and now that you’ll be able to make it at home, you can save yourself some money and gas, you’re welcome! You all know that I don’t like to add too much text to recipes because you came here to cook, not for a story lol
Check out the recipe below!
- Corn on the cob (please remove the husks lol)
- 1/2 cup Sour cream
- 1/2 cup cotija cheese (I've only found it at Walmart & Kroger)
- 1/2 tsp lime juice
- 1/2 tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp ranch vegetable dip
- chilli powder ( additional seasoning on top, use at your own discretion)
- Boil corn for 15-20 min.
- While corn is boiling, add all ingredients except the chili powder and cheese in a small bowl.
- Remove corn from pot, brush mixture on top of corn or you can roll it into the mixture on a plate.
- Sprinkle cheese on top of corn covered in mixture.
- (Optional) Add a little chili powder and more cilantro on top.
All notes added into recipe.
I think it’s safe to say that it turned out good!!